This release should greatly increase performance of the Theme Editor. It also merges all previous changes from beta/alpha builds.
Changes carried over from previous beta/alpha versions:Animated GIF support:
- Increased Theme Editor performance.
- Animated GIF support.
- Various quality of life updates and bug fixes.
- Animated GIF support:
- You can now add GIF images to your Theme. They should play the animation in the Image editor.
- You can choose such an image as a Background for your Widgets, SubWidgets and Labels via the regular way.
- In theory, GIFs are also supported as Dynamic Images (e.g. via bindings) but this is untested.
- You can choose how many times the animation repeats via the Repeat Count property on the Image. Use -1 for infinite looping, and 0 to use the behavior as defined in the source file.
- Unfortunately the new "Edit image" functionality (e.g. replace image) is disabled for GIFs.
- Additionally, replacing a static image (e.g. PNG) with a GIF via the new 'Replace image' feature will result in a static GIF image with no animation.
- Please extensively test GIFs and also check for performance both in the Theme Editor and in compiled themes in ATVO.
- For now, GIFs will start playing as soon as they become visible. In the future, we hope to add "control" support so you can stop and start the animation.
- Added a new Image Stretch property for Widgets which defines how background images (including GIFs) will stretch along with the Widget. The default (Fill) should show the same behavior as before, but you can now choose different stretch modes Uniform, UniformToFill and None.
Quality of Life changes:
- Added "Play GIFs" actions: Play, Pause, Stop, Restart, Set Frame and Set Repeat Count.
- Added a number of GIF Controls to a Widget. You can find them by expanding the GIF Control property:
- Auto Start: automatically play this GIF as soon as it becomes visible.
- Repeat Count: how many times to repeat the animation after it starts playing. Use -1 for infinite looping and 0 to use the repeat behavior from the source file.
- These properties were originally in the Image, but were now moved to the Widget that hosts the GIF as you may want to control these on a per-widget basis.
- Added 'Animate in Editor' property to an Image. If disabled, the animations on a Widget will not play in the Theme Editor.
- Added GIF controls to the Image Editor view, allowing you to start, pause, stop and seek to a specific frame of an animated GIF in the editor.
- Added a new "Create Theme" dialog with support for "Theme Templates":
- Select a desired template to start with a partially pre-built theme.
- Set desired properties like theme Name and Size before creating it.
- You can create your own Template from an existing Theme via the File - Save As Template menu item. The current Theme will be stored as a Template which you can now select in the Create Theme dialog.
- When saving a Theme or Template, a snapshot of the current Overlay Editor view is made and saved as a thumbnail alongside the theme. The thumbnail is shown in various places like the Recent Files list on the Start Page, and in the Template selection list. It may show up in more places in the future. This can be turned off in the Settings under General - Start Page.
- Added a new "Save As" dialog. The Save As dialog will make a copy of the current Theme (including all content) in a new location. The currently open Theme will not be saved under the current location. After creating the copy, you can choose whether to continue editing the current Theme (instead of the new copy), or immediately switch to the new copy (in which case the current Theme changes will be lost).
- Grid Size is now a property of the Theme and will be saved (and loaded) alongside each Theme.
- Add Opacity property for all Widgets.
- Add new "Import Photoshop PSD" option. You can now select a Photoshop PSD file to import into a Widget in your Theme. Each layer in the PSD will be converted to a SubWidget with the appropriate background image set. This is an experimental feature, please read the forum thread and let us know any issues: Forum thread.
- Save As feature now works as intended.
- Reverted some changes related to using the arrow keys to move Widgets. Before this fix, selecting a Widget would cause the scrollbars to jump to bring the entire Widget into view. This fix prevents the jumping, but also prevents the arrow keys from working properly in all cases. We will investigate further to make arrow keys work again for a future release.
- The "Import Photoshop PSD" feature has been slightly updated to prevent some issues and will now also warn you if the Widget will fall outside of your Theme.