Update Sept 16: reverted this build to Beta as a rare crashing issue was happening for some people. If you do not have crashing issues please use the beta 18.104.22.168. If you have crashing issues, please re-install ATVO to revert to stable 22.214.171.124
Merged all recent alpha & beta builds into beta
This release is a merge of all recent alpha builds which have now been moved to the stable release channel. No further changes beyond what was changed in the alpha builds.
Release notes below is a summary of the recent alpha build changes:
New feature overview (see below for more details):
- Improved video support including transparent videos
- Create custom datasets via scripts
- Improved NDI support by including both old "NDI v1" and new "NDI Recorder"
- Added stint duration for drivers
This version is built on a more recent version of the development platform which allows us to make use of more advanced features.New features:
- Upgraded to more recent .NET Framework. No changes should be observed beyond what is in these release notes.
- Videos should now support (semi) transparency via alpha channels.
- Upgraded video support to use FFmpeg technology, which enables transparency and should see better performance in loading and playback. Please monitor CPU and GPU usage and avoid using very large videos (filesize or resolution).
- Scripts: you can now choose from a few simple templates when creating a new script.
- Scripts: you can now create a custom 'standings' dataset script (C# or VB scripts only). Choose the "Custom dataset script" template when creating a new script and follow the comments in the script. This allows you to create a custom dataset that filters out results or changes their order. After compiling is successfull, the script should now appear as a new dataset for a Widget.
- NDI: this version includes both the old "NDI v1" and the new "NDI Recorder". Avoid using both at the same time for performance reasons.
- Added 'stint duration' to drivers. Stint duration should be the time that the current driver has been in the car since the last driver swap (or session start). Stint duration can be used via data binding on the "stintduration" or "stintduration_formatted" bindings, or by scripts via the "StintDuration" property on the IDriver interface.
- Scripts are now compiled on theme load in the Theme Editor. This may cause a longer loading time especially with many scripts, but it will speed up the editor performance in other areas, especially debugging. Since the scripts are now compiled at load time, they no longer need to be compiled when saving, debugging, exporting, etc.
- Improved caching of the data binding system which may result in a small performance improvement. If you are having performance issues please test this version compared to the current stable channel release.
- Fixed a bug where videos were not released from memory.