This release includes a preliminary version for animated GIF support.
- Animated GIF support:
- You can now add GIF images to your Theme. They should play the animation in the Image editor.
- You can choose such an image as a Background for your Widgets, SubWidgets and Labels via the regular way.
- In theory, GIFs are also supported as Dynamic Images (e.g. via bindings) but this is untested.
- You can choose how many times the animation repeats via the Repeat Count property on the Image. Use -1 for infinite looping, and 0 to use the behavior as defined in the source file.
- Unfortunately the new "Edit image" functionality (e.g. replace image) is disabled for GIFs.
- Additionally, replacing a static image (e.g. PNG) with a GIF via the new 'Replace image' feature will result in a static GIF image with no animation.
- Please extensively test GIFs and also check for performance both in the Theme Editor and in compiled themes in ATVO.
- [font=Times New Roman]For now, GIFs will start playing as soon as they become visible. [/font]In the future, we hope to add "control" support so you can stop and start the animation.
- Added a new Image Stretch property for Widgets which defines how background images (including GIFs) will stretch along with the Widget. The default (Fill) should show the same behavior as before, but you can now choose different stretch modes Uniform, UniformToFill and None.